Green Tabbouleh Salad - Crumbled Thelma's Original Traditional Welsh Caerffili Cheese (PGI) with Honey & Thyme
Indulge in a fresh and vibrant experience featuring the fresh and crumbly Caws Cenarth Thelma’s Original Traditional Caerffili Cheese. This dish is a harmonious fusion of flavours, where roasted tomatoes, honey, and thyme dance together on your palate. Finely chopped onions, cucumber, rocket, and mint add freshness and vibrancy, whilst the crumbled Thelma’s Caerffili cheese brings a distinctive delicate lemony flavour.
- 2 tomatoes
- 150g bulgar wheat
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 red onion
- 1 lemon
- 1 cucumber
- 50g rocket
- 100g Thelma’s Original Traditional Caerphilly Cheese (PGI)
- 40g honey
- A handful of thyme, leaves only
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
1.Heat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Cut each tomato into 6 thin slices. Place in a single layer on the baking tray. Drizzle with ½ tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast for 35 mins.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, tip the bulgar wheat into a bowl. Sprinkle in 1tsp of the mixed spice with a pinch of salt. Pour over enough boiling water to cover it by 1cm. Cover with cling film and leave to soak.
- Peel and finely chop the onion into small dice. Place in a large bowl. Zest and juice the lemon and tip into the bowl with the onion. Add a pinch of salt. Stir to mix.
- Peel and cut the cucumber in half lengthways. Scoop out the seeds with a teaspoon and discard. Finely chop the cucumber and place it on top of the onions, but don’t stir it in. Finely chop the rocket and place on top of the cucumber.
- Crumble the Thelma’s Original Traditional Caerphilly Cheese into a small bowl. Drizzle over the honey and scatter over the thyme leaves. Crack over plenty of black pepper.
- Drain the bulgar wheat. Fold the spiced bulgar wheat through the onion, cucumber, and rocket, mixing everything together. Drizzle in ½ tbsp olive oil. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if required.
- Top the Tabbouleh with the roast tomatoes and dollops of Thelma’s Caerphilly cheese.
Drizzle over any juices from the dishes and serve.
Reviews for Green Tabbouleh Salad - Crumbled Thelma's Original Traditional Welsh Caerffili Cheese (PGI) with Honey & Thyme
"The Green Tabbouleh Salad with Crumbled Thelma's Original Traditional Welsh Caerffili Cheese is a pure burst of freshness. The crumbled Thelma's Caerffili cheese is like a sprinkle of sunshine with its delicate lemony notes. This salad is the epitome of a wholesome, satisfying meal that leaves you craving for more!"
Looking for More?
Try Our Other Recipes
Follow our jounrey on Instagram