Smokey Onion Perl Las Potato Salad
A simple and lovely summery salad featuring tender roasted baby potatoes tossed in a garlicky mustard dressing with lightly charred onions, crunchy celery and lamb’s lettuce, finished off with generous crumbles of Perl Las cheese.
- 500g potatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 celery sticks
- A bunch of spring onions
- 50g lamb's lettuce
- 75g Caws Cenarth Perl Las cheese
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Wash the potatoes and chop into bite-sized chunks. Tip the potatoes into a roasting tin and toss with 1 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Put into the oven and roast for 30 mins, turning halfway.
2. Meanwhile, make the salad dressing. Peel and finely grate the garlic and add into a bowl. Add 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard. Sprinkle in a little salt and pepper and whisk in 1 tbsp oil until everything is well combined. Set aside.
3. Trim the celery sticks and slice thinly. Trim the roots off the spring onions.
4. Pour 1 tbsp oil into a heavy frying pan and warm to a high heat. When the pan is smoking hot, add the spring onions. Fry for 3-4 mins, turning until lightly charred on all sides. Lift the spring onions out onto a chopping board, cool slightly, then cut into bite-sized pieces.
5. When the potatoes are cooked, transfer to a salad bowl. Arrange the chopped celery, charred spring onions and lamb’s lettuce over the top. Spoon over the dressing and toss together.
6. Divide the salad between a couple of plates and finish with crumbles of Perl Las Cheese.
Reviews for Smokey Onion Perl Las Potato Salad
"The Smokey Onion Perl Las Potato Salad celebrates summer in every bite. The tender roasted baby potatoes, charred onions, and fresh lamb's lettuce create a medley of textures that delight the senses. The garlicky mustard dressing adds a zing that ties everything together beautifully. And the pièce de résistance – the crumbles of Perl Las cheese – take this salad to a whole new level. This recipe is a keeper in my summer repertoire!“
"I can't get enough of the Smokey Onion Perl Las Potato Salad! It's like a garden-fresh party in your mouth. The combination of roasted baby potatoes, charred onions, and the unique crunch of celery and lamb's lettuce is a joy to experience. The garlicky mustard dressing adds a punch of flavour that's simply addictive. And let's not forget the Perl Las cheese – those crumbles are the magic touch that makes this salad unforgettable. This recipe is a must-try for anyone looking to elevate their salad game!“
Looking for More?
Try Our Other Recipes
Follow our jounrey on Instagram