Baked Golden Cenarth in Sourdough Bread
This simple appetiser has the wow factor! Gooey baked Golden Cenarth Cheese nestled in crusty sourdough bread, drizzled with honey and thyme. Pour yourself a glass of wine and enjoy this tasty treat!
- Sourdough Bread (any size)
- 200g Caws Cenarth Golden Cenarth Cheese: a creamy, soft organic cheese washed in cider.
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Teaspoon of honey
- A few sprigs of thyme
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, Gas 4. Place the loaf on a chopping board and, use a small serrated knife to cut a hole to sit the Golden Cenarth cheese in; be careful not to cut all the way through the loaf. Save the pieces of bread.
- Use the knife to score the rest of the loaf in a criss-cross pattern, being careful not to cut all the way through to the bottom crust.
- Unwrap the Golden Cenarth and place in the hole in the bread, then pierce the top of the cheese all over with the tip of a knife. Transfer the whole loaf to a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, mix together the garlic, thyme and 3 tbsp olive oil; season. Spoon the mixture over the top of the loaf, using your fingers to push the garlic and thyme into the holes in the cheese and into the cuts in the bread. Drizzle the honey over the cheese and bread.
- Tear the remaining pieces of bread (from step 1) into chunky croutons. Scatter around the loaf on the baking tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 20-25 mins, until the bread is golden and toasted, and the cheese is gooey and fully melted.
Serve immediately with the extra croutons for dipping.
Reviews for Baked Golden Cenarth in Sourdough Bread
"The Baked Golden Cenarth in Sourdough Bread is an absolute showstopper! The gooey Golden Cenarth Cheese nestled in the crusty sourdough bread, drizzled with honey and thyme, is a fantastic idea. The crispy outer layer of the bread contrasts perfectly with the creamy cheese inside. It's a perfect blend of textures and tastes. This recipe is not only easy to make but also brings that 'wow' factor to any gathering. A glass of wine, this treat, and good company – what more could you ask for?“
"The Baked Golden Cenarth in Sourdough Bread is a culinary masterpiece that will leave you craving more! The presentation alone is enough to impress any guest. The combination of the luscious Golden Cenarth Cheese, crusty sourdough bread, and the sweetness of honey and thyme is a match made in heaven. This recipe turned a regular evening into a special occasion. It's the perfect balance of simplicity and sophistication. I can't wait to share this delightful treat with friends and family again!"
Looking for More?
Try Our Other Recipes
Follow our jounrey on Instagram